Thursday, May 31, 2012

Birthday, breakfast, books . . .

I've been hoping to make a fun photo gift for my mom for her birthday. One of my talented coworkers inspired me to  make a photo tray.  Photos of the kiddos in sepia, fun papers and embellishments from Basic Grey's PB&J line, and some Maya Road ribbon brought this project together!

After a birthday breakfast, my mom, my sister and I took the kiddos to one of the local libraries to sign up for the summer reading program.  My sister and I will be participating in A.R.K.S. (Adults Reading Kids' Stuff).  I decided to be very organized in tackling the reading requirements and chose the required number of selections in group of non-fiction, biography, and/or fairy tales. I'll tackle another set next week. The kids checked out many of their own, too.  Let the reading begin!

Here are some close up photos of my project . . . 








No comments:

Post a Comment